Pharmacy error cases are not uncommon and can often be deadly or lead to catastrophic injuries.
What Are Pharmacy Error Cases?
Some Examples of Pharmacy Error
- prescribing the wrong medication
- prescribing the right medication, but the wrong dosage
- failing to reasonably foresee dangerous complications (i.e. harmful drug interactions)
- failing to warn a patient of a drug’s dangerous side effects
- the marketing of defective or unreasonably unsafe medications
What You Need to Know
These types of cases involve complex medical evidence, as well as the need to prove that it was a medication error, and not something else, that caused the injury. Be sure to hire an experienced medical malpractice lawyer who can provide medical experts willing to review the medical records and testify to the damage caused by the pharmacy error or prescription mistake.